Presenting the Alternating Pressure Air Mattress
Combating Bedsores with Radically New Technology from Codex Solutions
Codex Solutions is a leading medical equipment manufacturer in India that prides on its innovatively designed Alternating Pressure Air Mattresses (APAM). Loaded with a host of advanced features, the APAM helps ICU patients prevent and cope effectively with bedsores. Our hi-tech APAM helps lessen the onset of bedsores and reduce the agony among your IPD patients.
What are Bedsores?
Compared to other organs of the human body, the skin does not merit the desired attention. This “negligence” can have a severe impact on critically ill patients admitted to the ICU. Patients bedridden for a long time face the risk of developing pressure ulcers on their skin, which are commonly called bedsores.
Treating Bedsores with Codex APAM
The Codex APAM is designed to reduce the incidence of bedsores, especially for ICU patients.
Developed after intensive R&D, the Codex APAM epitomizes the cutting-edge in medical equipment design and development. With this new-age system, Codex Solutions reaffirms its position as a leading medical equipment manufacturer in India.
- Unlike the standard Constant Low Pressure-CLP mattresses (Foam mattress, gel-filled, water-filled, etc) that remain static, APAMs have internal air cells that inflate and deflate in an alternating fashion. This ensures that nobody part of the patient is in constant contact with the mattress continuously.
- The continuous motion prevents direct pressure on the body which avoids the blockage of blood vessels to the skin.
- The alternating function also ensures aeration and makes sure that the skin cells receive enough oxygen to avoid pressure ulcers.
- Numerous studies have shown that APAMs are more effective than CLP mattresses. The results showed that CLP mattresses had a 33.9% incidence of pressure ulcers whereas APAMs had an incidence rate of only 13%.
- Another comparison study showed that the incidence rate for a standard foam mattress was 13.5% whereas APAMS had an incidence rate of 5.9%.
- APAM's have a delayed formation of pressure ulcers which results in reduced hospital stay when used, as compared to CLPs
Codex Solutions – A Growth-driven Healthcare Equipment Manufacturer in India
At Codex Solutions, our mission is to turn hospitals into the best caregivers for their patients.
We are a premier healthcare equipment manufacturer in India, having a state-of-the-art setup built in compliance with the latest US FDA guidelines. As an enterprise shaped by excellence, stringent quality checks at every stage ensure our APAM systems are truly world-class.