Keeping Bedsores at Bay
Presenting Alternating Pressure Air Mattress (APAM) / Bubble Mattress
A Healthcare Innovation for Combating Bedsores
Now let your IPD Patients experience more comfort and relief. Help lessen the onset of bedsores and reduce their agony with our hi-tech Alternating Pressure Air Mattress (APAM).
As a trusted healthcare provider, you place patient care at the centre of your operations.
At Codex, we understand your commitment towards your patients and respond to your needs with our futuristic medical innovations. Codex Solutions is a leading medical equipment manufacturer, engaged in making premium quality Alternating Pressure Air Mattresses (APAM). Engineered with innovation, the APAM is packed with advanced features to effectively help ICU patients prevent and cope with bedsores.
What are Bedsores?
Even though it is the largest organ of the human body, the skin does not receive as much attention as the other organs. This “negligence” can have a severe impact on critically ill patients admitted to the ICU. Patients bedridden for a long time face the risk of developing pressure ulcers on their skin, which are commonly called bedsores.
The Four Stages of Bedsores
This is the mildest stage. In this stage, the sores only affect the upper layer of the patient’s skin.
Symptoms: Pain, burning and itching.
This is the next level of infection that occurs when the sore digs deeper below the surface of the patient’s skin.
Symptoms: Broken skin, an open wound, or looks like a pus-filled blister.
These sores have penetrated the second layer of skin and ended up in the fat tissue.
Symptoms: red edges, pus, odour, heat, etc.
This is an alarming stage where some of the sores may even affect the patient’s muscles and ligaments. Surgery might be needed in severe cases.
Symptoms: The sore is deep and big. The skin has turned black and shows signs of infection -- red edges, pus, odour, heat, and/or drainage. You may be able to see tendons, muscles, and bones.
Treating Bedsores with Codex APAM
The Codex APAM is designed to reduce the incidence of bedsores, especially for ICU patients.
Developed after intensive R&D, the Codex APAM epitomizes the cutting-edge in medical equipment design and development. With this new-age system, Codex Solutions reaffirms its position as a leading medical equipment manufacturer in India.
- Unlike the standard Constant Low Pressure-CLP mattresses (Foam mattress, gel-filled, water-filled, etc) that remain static, APAMs have internal air cells that inflate and deflate in an alternating fashion. This ensures that nobody part of the patient is in constant contact with the mattress continuously.
- The continuous motion prevents direct pressure on the body which avoids the blockage of blood vessels to the skin.
- The alternating function also ensures aeration and makes sure that the skin cells receive enough oxygen to avoid pressure ulcers.
- Numerous studies have shown that APAMs are more effective than CLP mattresses. The results showed that CLP mattresses had a 33.9% incidence of pressure ulcers whereas APAMs had an incidence rate of only 13%.
- Another comparison study showed that the incidence rate for a standard foam mattress was 13.5% whereas APAMS had an incidence rate of 5.9%.
- APAMs have a delayed formation of pressure ulcers which results in reduced hospital stay when used, as compared to CLPs
Codex Solutions – A Fast-growing Healthcare Equipment Manufacturer
We pride ourselves on being a market innovator in the field of medical equipment manufacturing in India. Our state-of-the-art setup is built in compliance with the latest US FDA guidelines, ensuring our APAM systems are truly world-class.
Indeed it is our wider mission is to turn hospitals into the best caregivers for their patients at optimal costs.